The Oscars are soon approaching, and you may be having a few of your kid’s friends over to celebrate. It’s a big night and everyone loves to watch the glam and glitz. If you are looking for menu ideas to keep everyone in the “style they are accustomed to” on such an evening, check out the following suggestions:
- Serve veggies with a variety of dips.
- Make a salad look like a crown of jewels, with dried red cherries, cranberries, beautiful vegetables and crunchy croutons sprinkled on a bed of lettuce. Serve with a light dressing.
- Serve popcorn and caramel corn in boxes for everyone’s viewing pleasure.
- Make cheese fondue and serve with bread, apples, pears, and vegetables.
- Make chocolate fondue and serve with pretzel rods, strawberries, marshmallows, and pound cake.
- Make small appetizers, such as mini quiches, wontons filled with cream cheese and served with plum jam, and satay skewers with peanut dipping sauce.
- Serve melon balls.
- Serve a cheese platter with a variety of crackers.
- Pour glasses of sparkling apple cider or fizzy lemonade.
- Make a batch of star-shaped sugar cookies, and have the kids write their names on them like the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Make a batch of cupcakes and use Red Hot candies to make a star pattern on each one.
- For more ideas, check out AllRecipes.com’s excellent selection of Oscar party menus based on the movies up for Best Picture this year. It’s worth checking out, especially if adults are attending your party.
Read the rest of this entry »