Bzzz…I am simply buzzing around with my mind on the bees and thinking this would make one honey sweet kids birthday party.
Perhaps you also think bees would be a wounderful theme would be fun for an upcoming birthday party? It’s a great idea, and can be used as a stand-alone party theme, or as part of a Bug Themed Party. Either way, here are a few ideas that quick and easy on the wallet to pull it off:
- Hand Deliver a Honey Stick Invitation! Purchase honey sticks, use black card stock and write your party details with yellow chalk. Attach the card to the honey stick with a yellow ribbon. Sweet treat invite!
- For the decor, keep with the colors bight yellow and black for balloons, streamers, and table ware. For additional decorative details, use a thick black marker and make black stripes on your balloons for a bee-tiful effect, and also on your yellow plastic table cover and cups. The kids could also do this for a party activity.
- For activities, play “Pin the Stinger on the Bee.”
- Guess how many Bees are in the Honey Pot. Have a pot that looks like a honey pot or honey jar, purchase small black licorice pieces and place a yellow dot on each one to give the effect of a Bee. Have a guessing game!
- Have a honey tasting. There are so many varieties…purchase several types and see if the kids can guess the differences.
- Discuss the process of making honey and how it comes to be on our store shelf’s. Let the kids use the honey to make something, drizzle on pancakes, as a cookie sweetener, etc.
- Have a relay race where the kids must put on a bee outfit, black sweats, black top, black socks, and something yellow…a felt piece that can be quickly taped on. After dressing like a bee, have them race to the other side of the line, eat a tablespoon of honey, return, take off the outfit, and have the next kid in line take his turn.
- Have a Teaspoon of Honey Relay Race. Divide the group and have them walk to one end of a room and back to the team with a spoonful of honey (without spilling!) May want to do this outdoors or some place where you may not mind a mess!
- Serve all things honey. Pancakes drizzled with honey, honey tea sandwiches, toast with honey, etc.
- Make a Honey Bee Cake!
- Don’t forget the Bee Cake Pops…love these
- Send the kids home with the Bee Balloons and Bee antenna that the kids make using a headband, pipe cleaners, and black pom poms.
They will be positively buzzing out your door!