That silly, foolish day is here: that’s right, April Fool’s Day!! And here is our Top 10 Great April Fool’s Day jokes. It’s the perfect day to play some tricks and jokes on your kids. You could do just one, several, or make a full day of slapstick fun. If you are interested in doing something special to kick off April, look below for quick and easy ideas.:
- Place a “for sale” sign in your front yard. That will get your kids asking what’s going on, especially if it says “sold.”
- Place “wet paint” signs on the walls of your home. I’ll bet your kids will just have to touch the walls and see if it’s for real!
- Place “no trespassing” signs on the toilet. What a way to wake up!
- Place whoopee cushions or other fun gags at the breakfast table.
- Place signs on the backs of your kids’ shirts in the morning (do this without them knowing by giving them gentle hugs). Have the signs say anything silly that is in good fun, such as, “Flap your arms when I look at you,” “Hug me,” and “Pat my head.”
- Make up word games, like Hang Man, that have no solutions.
- Serve dinner for breakfast or vice versa.
- Rearrange two rooms of furniture. Have the couch in the kitchen and the kitchen table in the family room.
- Serve Oreo cookies as an after-school snack, but scrape off the cream and fill them with toothpaste! Minty fresh!
- Reverse your spices. Put pepper in the salt shaker and salt in the pepper shaker.
It doesn’t take much to mix up your April Fool’s Day and have some goofy fun! Enjoy the spirit of the foolishness! And check out FamilyFun.com’s April Fool’s guide for silly menu suggestions, pranks, and beyond!
And if you have a kid that was born on April Fool’s and are looking for kids party ideas, look no further than The Big List of Birthday Party Ideas.