Over the weekend, I attended a three year old’s fun birthday party around Bob the Builder! Kids love to build things and so Bob the Builder is among one of the favorite themes of this age set, you can also expand the theme and call it a “Construction” party. There are lots of activities and ideas for you to employ with such a theme. One of the best resources for ideas is: Coolest-Kid-Birthday-Parties.com Bob the Builder Construction Birthday Party. From invitations to decorations, you will definitely get some great ideas on this theme.
You have a wide and varied choice for party supplies.
Or if nothing but Bob will do, Celebrate Express has him, too.
I really like the idea of renting a backhoe and having someone come over and dump a bunch of dirt and/or sand in the backyard for the kids to play with. If the backhoe is actually there during the party, this would make for a great photo-op for those thank you notes!
The menu is truly awesome as well, with all of the foods fitting the construction theme perfectly ~ including the drinks!
A few other ideas that will work well for this theme include:
- When the kids arrive, have them “punch in” to the party, just like a time clock.
- Play Hammer, Hammer, Nail like Duck, Duck, Goose.
- Play Pin the Arm on the Crane.
- Have a “Dress the Builder” relay, where two teams of kids must dress in construction clothes, run to one end of the yard and back, take off the costume, and have the next kid do the same thing.
- Love the idea of using a clean “saw” to cut the cake.
- Use Cone Cups with Straws for your party drinks.
- As a cool favor, purchase canvas work aprons and write their names on the aprons. They can be used during the party and as a memorable favor to take home.
- Cute cake idea is to take a clean Tonka Dump Truck, line the truck with wax paper, pile it high with chocolate brownies. Crush up Oreos and pour it over the brownies. Additional chocolate sauce would make the concoction truly look like a dirt feast!