Be crafty on Halloween! Bring out your inner Dr. Frankenstein by baking a batch of Monster Cookies or crafting creepy Halloween cards for your friends and family. Jeanne Benedict of Celebrations.com offers her tips to create glow-in-the-dark Ghost Pencil Pals, Halloween Cards and fun, festive cookies.
Craft: Monster Cookies
Create spooky monsters on your Halloween cookies!
- Tint white frosting green using food coloring and spread on cookies.
- Cut out shapes of ready-to-use colored fondant to make monster hair and facial features.
- Accent your monster with 3D sugar mini eyeballs.
Get even more creative by making cookies or cupcakes designed like mummies, bats, ghosts or pumpkins! Decorate with 3D sugar spiders, bats and more.
Craft: Glowing Ghost Pals
Here’s how to go for the glow:
- Purchase green glow-in-the-dark clay.
- Form a ghost using green glow-in-the-dark clay.
- Roll black clay into little balls and stick them on your ghost for the eyes.
- Use a toothpick to make a hole for the mouth.
Craft: Halloween Cards
Take a trip to a craft or scrapbook store and get inspired by all the supplies they have ranging from Halloween stickers to card kits.
Here’s how to create creepy crafty cards:
- Personalize the front of the card with spider stickers and a silly title, “World Wide Web.”
- Glue a cotton web inside a card and add a spider sticker.
Monster Mash & Witch Smash
- Make a monster or a witch out of construction paper and crumple it up.
- Glue the crumpled monster or witch inside the card and title the card, “Monster Mash” or “Witch Smash!”