- If you have had the kids dress in their favorite costumes or even if not, give the kids a black cape, twig wand, and wizardry hat to wear during the party.
- If you have asked the kids to bring along brooms for their Quidditch match, have them register their broom and place it in a safe place. If you are providing brooms for a Quidditch match, have the kids register them as well.
- If this party is for small Muggles, a face painter on hand to apply some glitter and paint to the little faces would add a festive touch.
- If you are having a “House Sorting” Competition, you can either do this at the entrance to Hogwarts or later on in the Great Hall. If you do it as the kids arrive, you can do something as easy as having them pick a House Name out of the Wizard’s Hat for the sorting or something more involved where they must answer a Potter Trivia Question correctly, be spun around a few times, open their eyes and you have a banner displayed with their House name on it.
- If you want to be really ornate, as the kids make their way through “Diagon Alley” to your front door, you can have small tables set up where the Muggles receive all of their Wizardly Gear, i.e. shopping for their capes, wands, hats, and then a few treats as well, i.e. chocolate frogs, gummy snacks, jelly beans, etc. By the time they reach the door, they are ready to be sorted into the various houses, etc.
The wizardry fun is about to begin! School’s in Session. See you in The Great Hall!