Go “Hollywood” for a glamorous Sweet 16 Birthday Party. Create a media blitz at the party entrance with a Step and Repeat Wall and paparazzi mob snapping photos of guests. Decorate the party space to resemble famous Hollywood landmarks and locations. Send birthday wishes of fame and fortune as the star of the party blows out candles on a tiered Red Carpet Cake. Read on for ideas on how to throw this awesome sweet 16 party from Celebrations.com‘s Jeanne Benedict.
“On the Screen” DVD Invitations
Give the birthday boy or girl a starring role in a homemade DVD movie invitation.
- Write a brief script as an outline for the invitation.
- Shoot video of the birthday honoree inviting guests to the party along with fun scenarios of their everyday life.
- Integrate past videos and photos into the current footage for a nostalgic touch.
- Put it all together with a home editing system such as Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, or even online at Jumpcut.com.
- Print the party information on the DVD paper insert and customize it with Hollywood imagery.
- Hire a pro if you need help with your production. Check local listings under “video production,” “wedding videographers” or enlist the help of film students at a nearby college.