Does your child love the sights and sounds of Broadway shows? Certain ones immediately com to my mind including Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast…both amazing spectacles. Of course, as a child, I absolutely adored Little Orphan Annie, both the movie and the musical. It’s been 30 years since it was popular, but Little Orphan Annie would make a wonderful Annie Extravaganza for your little girl if she loves the character.
How to pull the party together when it has been years since it was actually on screen. Here are some ideas to bring this Broadway show alive at your party:
- For a party invitation, send the kids an inexpensive red hair wigs that you ask that they wear to the party. Make sure they also come dressed in red too. Attached to the wig, place a card with your Annie Extravaganza details on it.
- It may be difficult to come up with Annie decor, but check out E-bay, dime, and thrift stores to see what you can come up with. Create a fancy Annie table using red as a central color. Of course, balloons and streamers will add to the festivity.
- Have a sing-along to the favorite sons or hire a teenager to serenade the birthday girl with The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow…
- Watch the movie together
- Play Annie Find The Locket. Hide an inexpensive locket in the party area and give the kids a set amount of time to find it.
- Before Annie was found by Daddy Warbucks, she had a hard knock life. Create a relay race with brooms and wash buckets for the kids to race as teams. As an example, the kids must use a broom to sweep the floor from one end of the room and back, passing it off to the next team member. The team done first wins the hard knock life contest!
- Holding an Annie Dance Extravaganza. Play the music and have the girls create a dance together during the party.
- Annie loved tea at the Warbucks Mansion. Serve tea sandwiches, pastries, and iced lemonade, along with petite cupcakes for a truly divine Annie party meal.
- Send the kids home with a locket of their own…just like Annie.
- In your Thank You notes, send a very small picture to each guest that they can place in their lockets as a party memento.
Have a fabulous Annie Extravaganza.