In light of recent news, and because it’s summer and the sea’s a great place for a party, throw a Pirate Theme Party! So don your captain’s hat and striped kerchief, it’s time to party like it’s the 1700s!
Check out these party ideas from Celebrations.com.
Focus your party’s decorations around jewels, faux gold and treasure maps galore. Here’s how to make your party pirate-friendly. Arr!
The Treasure Chest: The treasure chest is a key element of pirate theme party decorations. Not only do they look great and epitomize the theme, but they are useful for serving drinks and food. Add faux bones and old Halloween decorations of cob webs.
Treasure Chest Cupcakes:
- Bake a batch of cupcakes in your favorite flavor and frost them liberally.
- Purchase a large bag of chocolate coins and put one on top of each cupcake.
- Place cake stands or boxes of varying height in the treasure chest and put the cupcakes on these stands and boxes.
One thing is for sure, pirates love a hearty meal. Try making these items for your pirate menu:
- Oversized turkey legs
- Jerk chicken served on skewers
- Puerto Rican rice and pigeon pies
- Hot baked biscuits
Check out Celebrations.com for more party ideas.