A Princess theme is always popular, and one specific theme within the general idea is Princess and the Pea, based on the classic fairy tale. If your daughter loves the story, this theme may be a very good idea to do for your little princess and her friends. It is a unique theme under the umbrella Princess theme.
Here are some specific, fun ideas to do for the Princess and the Pea:
- Read the story at the party. Have the kids sit on pillows while you read.
- Hide a small bouncy ball under one of the pillows. Have the kids sit on each pillow and try to determine which pillow has the “pea” underneath.
- Play Princess Pop the Pea: Blow up a bunch of green balloons, and have a popping contest by either sitting or laying on the balloons.
- Play Princess, Princess, Frog as you would play Duck, Duck, Goose.
- Play Musical Pillows as you would play Musical Chairs
- Have a wading pool filled with water and a bunch of floating toys, including a ball you’ve spray painted green. Blindfold the kids and have them find the “pea” among all of the other toys.
- Fill a jar with dried peas and have the kids guess how many peas are in the jar. Whoever is closest, wins!
- Play Put the Lips on the Frog Prince like you would play Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Of course, you can use all of the other princess ideas out there to add to these activities, but I hope these give you some specific ideas for this spin on the classic Princess party!