The first week of May is Teacher Appreciation Week. This is the perfect opportunity to celebrate your favorite teacher – not only for parents to show their appreciation, but students too. Spend some time this week discussing something special for your teacher and celebrate! Find inspiration here.
Teacher Appreciation Celebration Ideas
1. A hand-made card is simple and wonderful. Bring out all of your craft materials and have the children create cards that express their appreciation.
2. A favorite candy pouch. Have your kids ask their teachers what their favorite candy is and create a pouch using a pretty piece of fabric filled with their favorite candy and tied off with a silk ribbon.
3. A pot of favorite planted flowers. Have your kids ask their teacher what their favorite potted flowers are and spend some time planting a few in a clay pot that the children can decorate with words of appreciation.
4. Take time for tea or coffee. Have the kids choose a mug (or make their own at a pottery shop) and fill it with favorite tea bags, coffee beans, sugar cubes, and creamer for a perfect mid-day break. Alternatively, a gift card to the local coffee shop would also be appreciated and can be easily placed in the hand-made card.
5. Homemade Baked Goods. Does your teacher love chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes? Bake a batch just for her!
6. Love the idea of donating to your teacher’s favorite charity in her name.
These are a few simple, budget-friendly ideas for celebrating your favorite teacher during Teacher Appreciation Week. Whatever you do to celebrate, make it special!