For Hollywood’s biggest night, celebrate in old-fashioned style with a party worthy of the red carpet. Think of icons such as Clark Gable, Bette Davis, Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. These stars and those of their generation are the epitome of an era of chic, captivating style and unrivaled talent. Celebrations.com’s Karen Perkins has all the decor tips you need to create an unforgettable Oscar party that channels the glitz and glamor of Hollywood’s heyday.
Old Hollywood Decoration Ideas:
- Decorations for an Old Hollywood Oscar party need to convey style, sophistication and glamor. If you decorate and accessorize with a palette of gold and silver plus pops of red, it is easy to recreate the glitzy vintage movie star scene.
- Roll out the red carpet for guests as they arrive for the party. If you can’t find an actual red carpet, buy a long piece of red felt instead.
- Create over-the-top centerpieces by arranging ostrich feathers or marabou plumes in Eiffel tower vases, and filling them sparkly faux gems. Set out miniature Oscar statues around each vase.
- Hang black-and-white photos of bygone Hollywood stars along with movie posters of classic films.
- Use lush arrangements of velvety red roses on cocktail tables, the buffet and stands around the big screen.
- Create sparkling signage by covering chipboard letters from the craft store in gold glitter. You might use them to spell out “Welcome” in the entryway or “Drinks” over the bar area.
- Dim the lights and set out lots of candles in mirrored votive holders.
For more can’t miss suggestions, check out the Celebrations.com Oscar Party Ideas.